Viking Electric recognizes that our associates are our most valuable resource, and the health and well being of our associates is extremely important to us. Because of this, we strive to offer a high-quality, comprehensive benefits program. We understand that no two associates’ needs are the same; therefore, the benefit plans have been designed to provide associates with choice.
Most benefits have a 60-day waiting period with benefits beginning for an associate on their 61st day of continuous employment.
Here is a brief summary of the benefits offered by Viking Electric and Sonepar USA to associates working 30+ hours per week:
- Medical coverage – Three plan options through BlueCross & BlueShield
- Dental coverage – Delta Dental plan
- Vision coverage
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Life insurance – 1X associates annual income
- Flex spending accounts
- Employee assistance program
Here is a summary of the benefits offered by Viking Electric and Sonepar USA to ALL associates (full-time and part-time, excluding seasonal and temporary associates)
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Physical fitness reimbursement
- Employee purchase discount
- Safety shoe reimbursement
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick time
- Educational assistance/Tuition reimbursement
Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays and Paid Sick/Safe Time
Viking Electric recognizes the value of our associate taking time away from their jobs to handle personal obligations and enjoy leisure time activities. Because of this, Viking Electric offers paid vacation, paid holidays and paid sick/safe time to full-time and part-time associates.
- Annual vacation days are earned based on length of service and can be used any time throughout the year. Vacation days are prorated for part-time associates based on their hours worked. New associates will be eligible for vacation time on their first day of employment
- Viking Electric observes eight paid company holidays. Both full-time and part-time associates are eligible for paid holidays on their first day of employment.
- Viking Electric offers paid sick and safe time to assist associates who are unable to work because of illness or injury, or because of a family member’s illness or injury. Sick/safe time is accrued by associates based on their hours worked. Up to 80 hours of sick time can be banked to carryover into the next calendar year.